Why SIT ?
Scholarship for Students with cutoff in HSC
- Rated among top 30 Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu
- UGC granted national recognition under Section 2F and 12 B of UGC Act
- Secured 125 University Ranks 2014
- French, German, and Japanese Languages classes are conducted for the benefit of students
- ToastMasters Club for improving the communication and Leadership Skills of the Students
- More than 95% of students have been placed
- ICTACT Outstanding “Academic Partner Excellence Award 2015” for good Industry Institute relationship
- Ranked as 19th in Tamilnadu and 33rd in India by AICTE-CII Survey
- Competent , Experienced and Qualified Faculty Members
- More than 70 professors with Ph.D
- Recognized Research Centre by Anna University
- Accredited by NBA under Washington accord
- Well equipped laboratories
- Modern and well equipped digitized Library
- Fast-Internet access with 155 Mbps
- A Fleet of around 75 buses and vans
- Wi-Fi Enabled Campus
- Effective Training & Placement Cell
- Separate Hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Axis Bank ATM, UCO Bank ATM and Post Office are available
- Ideally located on Madurai Tuticorin National Highway.
Our Institution Accredited By
Founder & Chairman
With a vision to impart the technical knowledge to the economically, socially and industrially backward people, the Founder & Chairman established Sethu Institute of Technology at Pulloor village, near Kariapatti in Virudhunagar District in the year 1995. He has been successful in his pursuit of offering quality education to rural poor as thousands and thousands of rural students are being benefited by his philanthropic attitude. His outstanding service to the ruralites has crowned him with many awards like Communal Harmony Award by the Peace Trust, Kanyakumari, Best Administrator Award and Maamanithar Award by Victoria Edward Hall, Madurai. His service to the rural people is a constant endeavour that makes him a living legend.
It is this courage and conviction of our Chairman that has taken Sethu Institute of Technology to soaring heights within a span of Twenty three years.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer is a personality with heterogeneous abilities that map into performance. He did his Masters in Business Administration.at The New College Institute of Management, Madras University.
Mr.S.M.Seeni Mohamed Aliar
Joint Chief Executive Officer
The Joint Chief Executive Officer is an outstanding administrator who evinces a keen interest in the development of the Institution. He did his Bachelor’s in Engineering at Sethu Institute of Technology and his Master’s in Business Administration at Coventry University, London, UK.
He is an able administrator and a committed teacher with more than twenty five years of teaching and research experience.He has specialized in Mechanical Engineering.He is also the Academic Council member of Anna University of Technology, Tirunelveli.